Thursday, November 10, 2011

Photos for BHS Classes of 1957 & 1958 - Thanks to Shirley (Strassner) Wilkins

Berkeley Junior High School - 8th Grade Graduation (1953)
 Berkeley High School
Class of 1957


Berkeley Junior High School - 8th Grade Graduation (1954)
Berkeley High School
Class of 1958
(Click on Photo to enlarge)

Today, Shirley Wilkins stopped by with Troubadour yearbooks from 1957 and 1958. I scanned the above photo of the 1953 - 8th grade graduation class (Berkeley High School Class of 1957).  This photo also appears on the Classmate Photos page (click on the tab at the top of the blog to see this photo and more).  As I peruse each of these yearbooks, I will post pictures and interesting stories gleaned from these yearbooks. This will give a presence of the classes in the later '50's. Much of my memories came from the Dark Ages of the '30's through the 50's. This will permit me to accentuate your Berkeley High School memories beyond my days of ol' BHS. 

I'd like to hear from all who care to share some interesting story of their school days or moments of history that happened in Berkeley City, MO. My days go back before "pork and beans" and might get a bit boring. So, please help me to come up with some contemporary information, instead of just my reflections from the Jurassic Age.

I am sending out an "All Points Bulletin" to help find the lyrics of our School Song "Beer, Beer for ol' Berkeley High". I am unable to fully recall all of the lyrics and would like to publish them on this blog for those among us that have forgotten them too! 

Please email me if you come up with these "hallowed" lyrics for the school song!

No comments:

Post a Comment